On 01/05/2014 10:34 AM, Tim Crone wrote:
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

My '13 F150 Supercrew has an amazing amount of room in the back seat area.
Fold the seats up and there is a lot of room. My '02 seats folded
differently and the space was not nearly as good.

My Ford E350 "wagon" is good for towing and carrying lots of stuff - the
rear seats come out easily enough, but every time I have to put them back
in I end up cursing gravity. (I have them next to the driveway under tarps,
but they've been getting soaked anyway and eventually will rust away - not
sure what to do about that.) It can move >160 ft^3 in the cargo area, three
kids, and two adults without a trailer.  It is also obscenely expensive to
drive, I am happy to get 14.5 MPG recently.

It didn't start this morning, for the first time ever.  I used my jumper
box, not sure if one of my accessories shorted or if the battery is done.
  At least it's only a group 65, not a big battery like a real vehicle. :)

Best,
Tim

I had a Suburban for a long while and it was similar in the sense that the 3rd seat was hefty and hard to manoever into the right spot. The Sub is not tall enough to let one stand, even bent over, so one is trying to lift this thing while on one's knees. Nice to have when one needed more seating and nice that it was removable so that one could haul more but a bit of a pain as once out of the vehicle, it had to be stored somewhere too. Decent cloth seats so not to be left outdoors to get wet.

The Sub was good in many ways. had seat belts for 9 people. Pull the 3rd row seat, flip the 2nd row seats and put 4X8 sheets of plywood or whatever inside and close the rear doors. I hauled all of the shingles to re-roof the cottage out in the back under our luggage on trips to the lake. I would take 6 or 8 bundles each time. Bought the whole works on a good sale and stacked them in my garage along the wall. Took all summer to get them out to the lake but I did not make a special trip. That was close to 20 years back now.

Randy