I guess global warming climate change disruption is OK to discuss. On a non-political aspect to the discussion, I climbed up into these mountains https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torres_del_Paine_National_Park (not to the top, but up a ways) that are ~2km high. Back during the ice ages these mountains were under a kilometer of ice. Most of that ice has melted (and the glaciers that are still there continue to melt, some say accelerating) except for the Great Southern Ice Field that is back behind them. The ice actually carved them up the way they are, which is pretty cool (the dark sedimentary rock on top of gray granite).

We were there a year ago, it was actually quite warm there, which the guides said was quite unusual and they attributed it to global warming (they had not caught up with the new term yet). So I asked how long the climate had been warming. They said, well from the glaciers melting it has been the last several years. So then I asked what happened to all the ice that had covered these mountains a few thousand years ago that they had told us about. Ummm, uh, well, uhhhhh.... I never did get an answer.

Still not sure about what happened back before CFPPs and SUVs, but if I could get another foot or so of rise I could have water access, and my limes and lemons would grow better. I might have to put a bulkhead around my garage, but a minor nuisance.

--R