From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 6:59 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list; Banned List
Subject: [MBZ] euro 5.0 throttle position sensor and other questions

OK, slowing working out the little bugs with the euro 5.0 in the US 380.
   I figured out this thing has a throttle position sensor which is
located under the air meter deal, fuel distributor etc right on the side
of the throttle body.  The euro engine has a wire with a flat 2 lead
connector, the US car and another US car I have here has a round 3 lead
connector for the sensor.  I have a high idle of 900-1K rpm and am
assuming this is probably the cause.  I also seem to have a very slight
surge when maintaining the same speed going down the road which also
leads to this.  Anyways, Im assuming Im going to have to swap the
sensors.  Any way of doing this short of removing the whole injection
system?

Thinking about taking the whole thing off anyways and putting the US
version back on.  On the US version there is a wire that is supposed to
hook up to some sort of valve just to the left of the fuel dist.  There
is a small fuel line that comes out of the fuel dist that goes to this
valve with the electrical connection, then if goes back out of this
valve and around to another valve on the back of the fuel dist that has
a vacuum connection on it.  From there I think it goes to the warm up
regulator but cant remember off hand. The euro motor does not have this
setup with that valve and therefor the wire is not hooked to anything
for it.  Anybody know what this is for and what it causes when not
hooked up?  Think I should put the US stuff on the euro motor or just
swap the throttle sensor and leave it at that?  With the US injection
parts on the euro motor, will it decrease the power?  Im sure nobody
will know much about this since this is sort of new territory but
thought I would ask.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,