In a message dated 1/16/2006 5:32:34 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

OK,  slowing working out the little bugs with the euro 5.0 in the US 380.
I figured out this thing has a throttle position sensor which  is
located under the air meter deal, fuel distributor etc right on the  side
of the throttle body.  The euro engine has a wire with a flat 2  lead
connector, the US car and another US car I have here has a round 3  lead
connector for the sensor.  I have a high idle of 900-1K rpm and  am
assuming this is probably the cause.  I also seem to have a very  slight
surge when maintaining the same speed going down the road which  also
leads to this.  Anyways, Im assuming Im going to have to swap  the
sensors.  Any way of doing this short of removing the whole  injection
system?

Kaleb,

High idle speed and surging at light loads make me think of a vacuum  leak.
I would look for a loose hose somewhere.   Putting a  vacuum gauge on it might
help and should show about 20 inches Hg at light steady  cruise speed.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 262 K miles