Good ideas -- but rather than seeing a "lock-up" of the hub is it possible it just just gets more firm?. Testing and detecting that situation might be more difficult than looking for Lock up. But I may be wrong. I have a Technical Data book but could not find any info about the fan clutch -- will try the WSM next...

Larry