Is this not the pot calling the kettle black? You don't NEED a pickup at all, a
car with a trailer would do you fine. You WANTED a truck which is something I
can totally understand. The Dodge was way more truck than I need and we
probably could get away with a car or small SUV but considering the mpg penalty
of 4wd (not AWD, a softroader won't do) anyway a pickup is really handy.

So the story ends that it was just out of fuel. The guy came with fuel and then
we had to purge it. He'd been through this before and the yard monkey wasn't
supposed to let me drive it in the first place. Apparently the gauge is
optimistic. Truck drives a lot better with fuel in, it felt much more powerful
and was easier to drive once I got used to it but it still needed front end
work. Just when I felt like I had everything under control it would go all over
the road...

I sat in a Dakota at the same place but it was blocked in and the guy was
already having a bad day so I decided to leave it. The tailgate doesn't have
any non-broken hold up straps and wouldn't stay latched. The engine makes a
funny little noise which might be just the belt, but the AC blows ICE COLD
(which the diesel Ram didn't). It appears to be AWD with 4wd as an option which
I thought was odd. Instant fuel mileage reads 12mpg which if its really AWD
considering it has a 360ci is probably right.

All in all I think this is probably pushing me back toward a new truck.

-Curt