clay via Mercedes wrote:
The issue is sort of resolved now.  The vicious fan had died, and paired with the screw
up job the shop did trying to remove a backfire, the thing now runs way to rich and is
all out of whack.  I real D-jet mechanic will have to "De-tune" the tune up and
fiddling to get it back to proper, but I can not make that payment today.

Same shop was supposed to have done a full synth oil change, but after 500
miles, the stuff looked like nine year old diesel oil.  The job was not done.

Or the car polluted the oil like a carbureted car with the choke stuck on.

Mitch.