I just had my Hoppy Brown Ale I made 3 weeks ago. I found in the fridge a
coupla packets of hops I had brought from Houston (we moved here 6 years ago,
it was from 2005!) and threw that in, along with a package of whole hops I did
not use in the last batch of bells two hearted IPA clone, and whatever the
recipe called for. It was quite bitter but sorta mellowed out, maybe I got used
to it.  Probably not my best batch but drinkable.... Experimentation!

I got my daughter a brew kit for her birthday, it had a basic brown ale kit
included, she decided to throw in some extra hops and it turned out quite well,
better than my experiment!  She is hooked now it was so good!

--R (sent from my miniPad)

On Jul 27, 2014, at 8:16 PM, Peter Frederick via Mercedes