After that long in the game, the equipment has long paid for itself.  The
bottles are exceedingly easy to source from places like Freecycle or the local
recycle bins.  I prefer Grolsch type rubber seal bottles, but the larger
martinelli cider bottles are good for capping and gifting.

Given the retail prices of craft beers, there is huge cost savings in brewing
your own.  I am not in the mood to drop $4-16 for a 22oz craft swill.  I can
whip something like that up, five gallons at a time and fill racks with great
beer for under $1.50 a bottle.  All top shelf ingredients and free labor.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers