On 11/08/2014 6:21 PM, Tim Crone via Mercedes wrote:
On Aug 11, 2014 2:22 PM, "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:
I think there was also a state rebate of some sort that was a matter of
controversy, in addition to the fed rebate.

My manager just leased a Leaf for $278/month, with a $2000 down payment
(paid in trade).  He is very happy with it.  No extra rebates in NC, that's
the actual price.

My wife just got a Ford CMax with a plug, but we have nowhere to plug it
in.  She occasionally can charge at work.  The car is nice - I drove it ten
hours over the weekend, average 42.2 mpg - and while it's not Benz
comfortable it is a lot better than the van.  The front and rear sensors
are good, acceleration and breaking are right, seats and moon roof are
pleasant.  The nav computer is terrible: Microsoft Sync is unusable, the
navigation is flaky, the terrestrial radio doesn't work reliably, satellite
radio goes in and out all the time.  I connected my phone over Bluetooth
(that part works) and I was able to ignore the rest of the deficiencies:
classic problem of great hardware, lousy software.

I have no idea how much she is paying on the car, but probably a lot more
than the Leaf, which is similarly appointed.

Best,
Tim

42 mpg does not sound all that marvelous.
Curt is doing better with his Jetta.

And we all know that old 240D's are routinely advertised to do at least 40 mpg.

Randy