Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
G Mann: Frost this morning. You don't need any AC Save the money. 44 lb of propane/butane could make a nice weinie roast out of your bus.

You can't put 44lb of propane/butane in a 44lb R12 system.
More like 15lb, but that's about what some of the less honest folks fill a BBQ cylinder to these days. You can still make a pretty good fuel/air bomb out of 44lb of R12 when mixed with aerosol'd mineral oil.

Found something I hadn't heard of before on Amazon yesterday, not ES but sounds like the same thing, except they claim it works with synthetic oil. If it was ES that told Manfred to fill an AC system with air, those idiots need to go out of business so they can quit telling people idiotic stuff (I'm hoping it was a reseller and not the people you get when you call the phone number on the can) Red-Tek on Amazon is more than twice what I paid for a can of R410a earlier this year, but affordable compared to R12.
http://www.amazon.com/RED-TEK-Refrigerant-Cylinder-Equiv/dp/B00DJDYQFA

You'd probably move more BTUs with 30-35lb of R406a than with 15lb of hydrocarbons. Looks like Autofrost is no more, the only R406a I found in 25lb cans was on alibaba, only $40k for 1140 30lb cans. If the stuff is still legal for sale, one could get rich moving a container of those for $150 each. Yikes, further searching tells me the Chinese are selling R410a as a R12 substitute and sometimes calling it R406a!!! R410a pressures are through the roof, you can't even replace R22 with it.

If I needed 30 lb of R406a, I might be tempted to blend my own if the constituent parts are all readily available.
Mitch.