Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Just leave it out there, but enable security. WPA for sure, as WEP has been compromised for years.

My neighborhood is full of Uverse customers running Motorola NGV510s with default settings. wifi password is a 10 digit number printed on the router, admin password to change settings is another 10 digit number.

The one thing I did besides turning the RF power down was to 'whitelist' the connecting devices. Supposedly, if the device ID doesn't match one of the devices in the whitelist, it can't connect. How strong is this protection?

Mitch.