Yes, the joys of yorkiedom. Ya hafta take the bleedin bracket off, or at least completely loose. If its not bleedin when you start, generally your hands will be bleedin by the time you get it loose. I don't hate york compressors per se, i just despise the bracket that was used to mount them on a Diesel.

I'd try running it with the thermostat out and the radiator blocked. won't warm up much in extreme cold, but upper, lower and heater hoses should all be the same temperature. Rust or a rag stuffed in it? that or a thermostat that only opens when you watch, or when it wants to.

Easy way to test for circulation is to take out the thermostat. Waterpump almost never fails to pump, unless the original cast impeller was replaced with a stamped tin aftermarket POS, and I have never seen one of them made for a MB.

Just a little comment about cuts and bleeding.
Be careful out there.
Clean cuts and scrapes well and bandage etc.

Right now, the daughter of friends of ours has cellulitis.
She is going for daily intravenus injections of antibiotics in an effort to stave it off but it has been awful. She is in her early 30s and has 2 young children. The youngest is an infant and she has been home on mat leave so not even out and about much.

RB