yeah, the VIN and the make on the title will match up. Brilliant!

  Chris

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  But if he has half a brain, he will
check the VIN, and it will show it as a
Dodge, regardless of the door or the grille.  A state trooper should be
even bright enough to figure out that Dodge is a product of Daimler chrysler.

At 03:37 PM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
>I agree, but an odd Dodge that's made completely  by MB in Dusseldorf with
>Dodge do-dads popped on just before it goes on  the boat.
>
>   I do think it might cause a problem if pulled over, if you replace
> the  do-dads with the orignal MB ones. The cop pulls up that you have
> a  Dodge Sprinter and you clearly have a Mercedes Sprinter...he checks
> the  plate on the door and it says Daimler-Chrysler, not Dodge.
>
>   Chris
>
>Marshall Booth  wrote:  Christopher McCann wrote:
> >  So does a Sprinter get registered as a Dodge, Freightliner or
> Merc?  What if all the Dodge "do-dads" are gone and replaced with
> stars?  (kit's about $250, grille, badges, wheel caps, steering wheel
> emblem,  everything)
>
>It all depends on the VIN and what the vehicle was called when it was
>originally sold - what's been replaced is immaterial. You can put all
>the 3 pointed stars you want on a Dodge and it's still a Dodge.
>
>Marshall
>--
>    Marshall Booth (who doesn't respond to unsigned questions)
>        "der Dieseling Doktor" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
>turbo 237kmi

>Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
>-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
>-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
>-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
>-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
>-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
>-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
>-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Photos