Horse people are very fadish and one up. So if you want to win horse shows, you have to show up with the best looking rider, the most expensive horse, the most expensive tack, the biggest trailer with living quarters, and the biggest truck. OTR trucks with a short bed and lots of chrome make the best impression and get the most ribbons. (expensive = they tell everyone what is cost was outrageously expensive, or it looks more expensive than what everyone else has.)

As an old cowboy/wrangler friend of mine once said, "I ain't seen a horse yet that can eat ribbons."

The vehicles that I wonder about are the Ford Excursion. My stepdaughter rides Horses competitively. Whenever we have been to competitions, the arena parking lots are full of Ford Excursions pulling huge horse trailers. I talked to one of the other parents that had one and he said they are very popular among the "horse folk" because they can tow so much and they have room for a lot of people. In fact used prices on the Excursions has started to go up. This is especially true for the Diesels. But, the V10's are still very popular too. I think there might be a real market for buying old Excursions, restoring them and reselling them. But, it could just be a fad.