Hey Don,

Could you tell us more about your geothermal setup?  Is it a closed loop
system?  How big was the hole(s) (horizontal or vertical tubes)?  How long
did the install take?  What is your climate?  What longevity do you expect
from the system?  Would you do it again?  There is a lot of information on
these systems but most of it comes from suppliers, not users.

I have air-source heat pumps but supplement on cold nights with a propane
direct-vent fireplace.  Propane prices just peaked here at $3.70 (so of
course they came and topped up my 500 gal tank!) but price is significantly
lower now.  I like the ground-source idea but not sure I'll live here long
enough for it to pay off.  Thanks.

Scott