      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:04 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Burnin' daylight

Agreed, the Mahindra would be nice to have available.

If I were in the market for a pickup, I'd look for a 62-67 chovey,
frod or dogde.

Or an international

Then put in an OM603
New "pickups" are ridiculous,both in bed height and in price.

Cheep should resurrect the old pickup with the same 16 ga sheet
metal, not the 30 ga (or plastic) like current wussified crap.
Or international should start building light trucks again.

If someone would build a basic tough truck, people would buy it.  But
there is a lot more profit in selling $50,000 yupified wussmobiles.

But for that kind of money, I could buy a Mercedes.

>Mahindra was going to try to import real mini trucks again. Sadly
>they had a fight with their US distributor and plans were scrapped.
>They were talking about a 4cyl diesel engine capable of 30mpg, with
>an old school bed like Toyota used with the tie downs at the top
>rail.
>I was at the head of the line...
-Curt

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no