In my area we call 2wd trucks "ditch queens". Unless you've got good snow tires and a buncha weight in the back and really know what you're doing you'll end up in the ditch...
-Curt

Around here, the 4wd yuppiemobiles end up on the side of the road, often upside down or on the side. Primarily because the drivers think 4wd negates the laws of physics. I don't often see pickups in the ditch, but when they are mostly 4wd (see above).