Probably the output transistors unless something in the power supply has let go.

I just had a Mac buddy give me a Pioneer high end receiver that's about 8 years
old for the cost of shipping.  Looks like one of the hybrid devices that serves
as an amplifier is toast.  $12/each, and three are used in the receiver
(front/rear/center).  I haven't decided if I want to invest the $36 to fix it
yet...

Dan