Pep Boys carries it here in State College PA. almost $7 per quart
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Berryman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Mobil 1 Trans Fluid/progress report

Today I stopped at Advance Auto Parts and Wally-World ISO M1 Trans fluid. I found none. I'm sure I bought it at Advance before but 2 different stores had no stock. Anyone aware of where it can be had? Its not an emergency but sometime soon I would like to change the fluid over to Mobil 1 as well as the filter. Same goes for PS and filter. I have but a couple of minor tasks to complete to bring my new 190D Euro up to speed as far as maintenance goes. So far, I have replaced all 4 tires with Bridgestones, replaced shocks and struts with Bilsteins, new Sway bar links (I believe I caused one to break by not supporting trailing arm when changing rear shocks), replaced master cylinder and all brake hoses(DOT 3 was used some time in the past and dissolved plenty of rubber), rebuilt all 4 calipers, new pads all around, Euro lights and clear corner lights, CHANGED ALL THE FUSES(Marshall), Mobil 1 15-50 and filter, serpentine belt,tensioner and shock, complete paint job, all new outside bulbs, new blower and AC switch knobs (big job),replaced articulating single wiper with a used set-up, valve cover gasket, rubber connectors for EGR pipe, fuel and air filters, all rubber fuel lines. Things left to do: Trans fluid and filter, PS fluid and filter, wiper motor seems weak(or I have another problem), replace Hirschmann antenna circuit board(it is a Euro and the circuit boards are different) the only parts I am lacking are M 1 trans fluid, the circuit board and possibly wiper motor. This is a nice example of a 201 190D 2.5na Euro w/62,000mi. As it sits, I have $2,600 into it including purchase price($1,200) and all above mentioned parts and repairs. I expect to spend less than $200 additional to cover repairs yet to be completed and get at least 10 years service out of it. Unless somebody really wants it for $5,000.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am