the valve guides and seals were redesigned before 1990. So that one should have already had the redesigned ones.

Donald Snook wrote:

Well, I made it back from Florida in my (new to me) 1990 300SEL.  I love
it!! The 126 is an amazing car.  I drove two 13 hour days putting 1600
miles on the new car.  IT ran perfectly.   I was a little worse for
wear. I went to the doctor yesterday and apparently, I picked up every
bug Florida has to offer.  I have strep throat, pink eye and an ear
infection.
I did find out some very interesting information about the car. In 1994,
with 47,000 miles the valve guides/seals were replaced under warranty.
Did MB redesign the valve guides/seals so that they last longer or do I
just wait until it starts burning oil and get them replaced again?  I
also noticed that at the same time, the warranty description said "valve
guides - intake wear - worn out."   How would the intake be involved in
this?

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,