On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:20:35 -0500 Tim Crone via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> A year ago, AT&T was blocking Netflix; Verizon sold Durham to
> Frontier, who is just horrid; Time Warner will send you to collections
> even if you are paid up, doesn't provide service, etc. etc..  Same
> issues for everyone.  We all hate all the local providers.  Network
> neutrality was one of the few things we all agreed on, at least to a
> few months back. (The big challenge is reasonable network management,
> but ultimately you have to trust the company to do the right thing, or
> else regulate them to do something specific.)

Wow! We have it good here in New Mexico!

We have telephone service through CenturyLink. They provide our DSL
service and send the stream to South West Cyber Port, our ISP. SWCP
is a small, very service-oriented company. They have been very helpful
with our dealings with CenturyLink (to get the DSL line working properly)
and updated our Cisco 877 DSL modem and provided a programming script
without charge. They are hosting our two domains and all our email
accounts. We will continue to use them after we move to Indiana.

> The rules do not guarantee access like the CLECs used to have, at least
> according to the FCC commissioner.

What's a CLEC?

Craig