The attack was against Chevrolet, but it was really against ALL side mounted pickup tanks. This includes every manufacturer of pickups. Some used the tanks behind the seat in some models. IH and Ford come to mind, but both IH and Ford also used side mounted tanks. So did the datsun I had. I am sure Dodge, Toyota and Mazda all did at some time or another.

At 10:09 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:
OK Don wrote:

> I vaguely recall a scandal around a TV "documentary where they were
> demonstrating the difference in flamability of Diesle and gas cars by
> firing a rifle at the fuel tanks. Neither one exploded onr burned.
> They decided to light the gas tank with a model rocket engine to
> demonstrate their point!

I thought that was a chevy pickup they rigged to blow up in a broadside
crash, to prove it was more dangerous than a ford.