Forgot to mention that the factory specifies the interval to change your brake fluid. It is supposed to be at least each year, but I know few who do that. However is DOES need to be done. You want good brakes and good, sticky tires.

We could tell the drivers with DOT 3 fluid or old fluid on the track because the fluid boiled and they lost braking ability (fade). We would pull them off the track and send them off to get their fluid changed before we'd allow them back on the track. the best policy is to never allow DOT 3 fluid near anything. Dot 4 fluid can be used in place of DOT3, and it is better. I used to put the Castrol GT in everything.