Might want to take a look at your brake lines. sometimes older rubber brake lines after a HARD brake application ,can partially break down internally and start swelling on subsequent braking. usually there will be a bubbled out spot, or a soft spot in the rubber hose.

-----------Robert

Bob Rentfro wrote:
So...tonight I had an 18-wheeler pull right out in front of me. I was cooking along
about 40mph or so. I was able to evade him while sliding to a stop inches from one
of those 10" high curbs and several feet away from a lady in a little Saturn
(who was covering her face waiting for the impact). The trucker drove on...so did I.
The next few times I applied the brakes they felt like they were wet (know what
I mean?).
Fluid level is SAT and nothing is leaking so far as I can tell. So...like the
spot on Letterman...is this anything?

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 148K
'01 VW Beetle TDI 61K