Andrew,

You play the part of Pilot In Command for a bit..

You are responsible for the lives of 200 people on board, perhaps $200,000
worth of cargo in the hold, an airplane valued at $70,000,000.00, and your
reputation as Captain, which took you 15 yrs of long hours and hard work to
get.

Now.. it's dark, it's known ice conditions, the winds aloft are at near
gale force, and your experience tells you those sensors are prone to
malfunction in ice, or may give false readings.. AND you know you must have
met Runway Visual Range Rules to land .. ..

Do you "rely on the automatic system" or do you use every resource at your
disposal to safely land the aircraft or deliver it to a safe location?

You decide.. you have less than 8 minutes during the approach to landing..
tick toc...........tick toc....... tick toc.... Your approach speed is 186
kts. your landing weight is 230,000 lbs, if you descend into dirt it's
gonna hurt... a lot.. still feeling comfortable releasing control to all
those little electronics?