Divert. Spending the rest of the night somewhere else and coming back later is better than NEVER arriving.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bad week for A-320 -- A Langley Tale

But if you're making an approach in the dark and can't see 10' in front of
the cockpit due to blizzard like conditions wouldn't it be wise to trust
the automatic controls?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:

True Andrew, however Grant's point is more relevant to the Air France
accident over the Atlantic - where they think a sensor iced over and was
giving bad readings. The computer can't keep you in the air with bad
data. All of these large aircraft are "too many small parts flying in close
formation".

I fly by wire - wire cables between the control wheel and the control
surfaces!

--
OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!