I think that concrete will pass a fair amount of moisture, which is going
to contribute to corrosion in general.

I find that the aluminum engine parts on my MB's corrode, and they are not
exposed to salted winter roads or even salt air.  My bet is that happens
when an engine is cleaned but then not properly treated with a preservative
coating as called for in the maintenance manual.

-Max