Air bags can be had for about $300 each per corner.  Valves are more.  But
you don't necessarily need them to be rebuilt to have a driveable car.

I'm rebuilding my second air suspension car right now, a W112 coupe.
They're really not so bad, it's a simple system.  But parts are expensive,
they add up.

The 300SEL was available with M189, M130, M116, M117, and M100.  Lots of
different engines over the years, but the 6.3 M100 is the most famous.

Jaime

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015, LarryT via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> It's on jackstands - probably to hide the collapsed air bags in the
> suspension.   IIRC that's around $1000 per corner to fix.  But that would
> be a stunner when repaired and painted!  I'm thinking Astral Silver would
> do it justice.  Wonder what condition the engine is in.  That could be a
> real money pit.  Even the parts costs would be significant IMO.  It doesn't
> say but I believe many (all?) 300SELs were supplied with the mighty 6.3L?
>
> I'm a sucker for those old cars - love the 108, 109, 111's.
>
> Larry
>
> On 5/26/2015 10:52 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> 1969 Mercedes Benz 300 sel
>>> http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5043713776.html
>>>

>> One of the few gassers I might put up with!  The 4 door 300SL!
>>
>> One of the best looking MBs ever!  Better looking than a 108! modern
>> enough, but no electronics.

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/