'Comin' along.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Okie Benz" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] New Addition

Working on the engine compartment right now. Dirty, but solid. The owner was not a “car guy” so places where I would normally pay attention are a little grungy.

It did pass the back seat test with flying colors, however. A total of $0.36 in change and nothing else! Not even the lone Cheeto. And I understand the owner has at least one and possibly two boys. That’s a testament to cleanliness, as I believe the soul of every car lives under the back seat. If that’s clean, the car has been well cared for.

Otherwise, the interior is nice. He had the car detailed before I picked it up, and it was pretty clean. There is a split in the seat back on the driver’s seat, but I’m amazed there weren’t more with the perforated leather. It’s almost as if it’s designed to tear.

I just clay barred the outside and will be putting some wax to it a little later this afternoon. I’m jumping around as I do things to keep it interesting.

I just programmed all the convenience features, which don’t appear to ever have been used. That’s where the seat and steering wheel move back when you shut off the car, move into position based on the key being used, mirrors folding in when locked, courtesy lights staying lit, etc. They were all at the default settings.