Just had a flash on something our new welder said in an earlier post about
the wire not feeding consistantly..

I've never been into the bowels of a Harbor Fright unit.. but there should
be a "tension adjustment" on the wire feed motor. [everyone I've used to
date did have one.] If that tension is loose, the wire will not feed
exactly according to the "magic number on the dial"...

Check that, why don't you.. And.. get a small roll of flux wire, not made
in china.