      From: Jaime Kopchinski via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Jaime Kopchinski <jaime...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:21 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] car hacking

Curt, how do you expect the entertainment system to known when the car is
on, where it is, display messages in the instrument cluster, and respond to
button presses if it's not connected to a CAN bus?

Let's not loose focus on where the issues were here... No need to attack
basic and proven technologies.

Jaime

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Its absurd that the entertainment center is part of the CAN bus, that's a
> clear security violation from the start. As long as that's the case the
> system will never be secure.
>
> Curt
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Jaime Kopchinski