If somebody wants to spend the money on that big SUV, spend the money burning up all that fuel driving it, well that is there business. Its not the governments right or job to dictate what you can drive. Its called free market economy.

paul wrote:

irresponsibility?

oh god.

lee wrote:

wilton strickland wrote:

Anybody hear W say anythng abt biodiesel to reduce dependence on oil?

I missed the state of the union address, but last I knew, the solution
to our dependence on foreign oil was to drill some wells and finish
using up our own oil. That'll really make us less dependent on other
countries which still have oil.

What I want to know is, did he address the irresponsibility of driving a seven thousand pound, ten mile to the gallon behemoth SUV simply to go to the mall and take your kiddies to soccer practice?
Lee