Why not introduce him to the wonders of Linux? Angie has had Linux Mint on her
laptop for over a year now and loves it.
-Curt
      From: Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Jim Cathey <jim.cathey...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 9:02 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] FedEx Ape-like Package Handling

I'm sure the computer itself was fine, that handle had to absorb
a lot of energy to deform like that.  One of our cheese graters
had a mangled handle that was bent back into place.

My brother's sick of Windows and its virusey nature, and is
thinking of picking up a Mac Pro 1,1 for cheap.  Apparently
you can actually get El Crapitan going on it, and if so it
should be good for a few years then.  $150 for computer,
cinema display, keyboard, and mouse.  1G RAM, not sure what
video card or the amount of disk on it.

-- Jim