Well, having lived the real thing, it's hard for me to stay quiet and listen
to the revisionist BS, too.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meade Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Meade Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] B-52

Thanks for adding some color to that, I knew that but my email was wrong
in
that respect.  I guess I just get so PO'd at the PC/revisionist statements
in articles like that I stop thinking straight.

I do love the comments about "when the BUFF shows up, many times the enemy
will decide they don't want to fight and flee."
-------------
Max
Charleston SC

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 5:52 PM, WILTON via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

After political restraints were finally removed from B-52 activity over
N.
Vietnam on 18 Dec 72, it took less than 11 days for B-52's to force N.
Vietnam to beg to sign an agreement, something they were reluctant to do
during the previous 15 years or so of our involvement.  Everybody signed,
"we" came home, and coupla years later Congress gave it all away by
refusing to provide any more aid to S Viet.  This, in effect, told N.
Viet,
"You may do whatever you want without any interference from US."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon via Mercedes" <
mercedes@okiebenz.com>