On that day in April, 1952, a month before I graduated from high school, when I saw an article and photo about the first flight of a B-52, little did I think that it would become such a large part of my life or that, a little more than 20 years later, I would use them to help end a war.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Max Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] B-52

Yes, but when the Grey Lady includes factually incorrect statements like this "Even after millions of tons of bombs were dropped in far corners of the world, most foes targeted by the bomber, including those in Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam, ultimately prevailed." Political will (or rather a lack there of) allowed the enemy to prevail in one case and survive in the other cases. Nothing to do with the effectiveness of the bomber.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC