On Dec 5, 2015 10:22 PM, "Curly McLain via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> a brute force attack on that trying various passwords incrementally will
take years (without using numbers or $p3c1al characters.)

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/how-crackers-make-minced-meat-out-of-your-passwords/

I switched to a fully random password generator for most of my
financial-type accounts, after reading this article (now 2.5 years out of
date!).  If everything is properly salted it's not as bleak, but I don't
trust every vendor to get that right - even Ashley Madison thought they
were doing everything right, and an error was found such that most of the
passwords were cracked.

Best,
Tim
Has experienced that problem where he misplaced the password to his Mercedes