Was that the highly-desirable "Nubira"?

--R

On 12/23/15 7:57 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I think i was more an issue of there being absolutely no name recognition for
the brand, therefore scaring the potential recipients due to their lack of
knowledge of said vehicle. I may have related the story here about my brother
trying to find a battery for it, and no one having any sort of application
information for the car - not FLAPS, Sears, NAPA, no one.  He finally called me
and I told him to measure the battery, take the dimensions to wherever and have
them look up the group number, which he did.

I would have taken it for one of my kids, but I didn’t have time to go get it
nor did I want to invest the cost of having it transported.  I do’t think it
would have held up well, either.  From what I recall it was a real POS car from
the get-go.

Dan

On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:54 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

This is actually a pretty sad commentary on the younger generation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:58 PM
To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT another car

Heh.

When my Mom stopped driving she had a late 90s Daiwoo that she bought
new. I think it had less than 5,000 miles on it when she retired it. She told my
brother to dispose of it however he wished, ideally giving it to one of the
grandkids.

He called me.  I laughed.  His kids wouldn’t take it.  My sister’s kids, one of
which was newly married and near destitute as a starving grad school
student, also refused it.

He sold it on Craigslist, but I don’t recall for how much.  It wasn’t much,
that I
know.

Dan

On Dec 23, 2015, at 12:07 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes