      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:37 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 tachometers
I pulled the plug from the EDS computer. I found the tach signal
voltage in the plug to the computer, but I have no signal out of the
computer.

According to the ETM, the output is pin 25, but I see no pin for
input.  There is no ID of pins in the computer or in the plug.  Has
anyone seen any pinout for the ESD Computer?

I could run a jumper to the tach from the plug to check the tach, I suppose.
or swap out the EDS Computer
or dig into the harness and find the white/ in and the black/red out
and jump them.

Next: to get a speedo cable....  Then I'll figure out which option.
Since the EDS is disconnected, I'm thinking just jump the tach in to
the tach out.

Anyone have a spare speedometer cable or a drivers seat adjustment switch?

Curly.
As before, the only place that I lost the tach signal was from a
broken ground wire at the battery ground lug.
Under the bolt were 3 or 4 thin ground wires, all broken on mine.
repair of the wires restored the tach to normal.
The ground wire is after the connector near the battery.
I have a spare EDS box that you could try.
YMMV. Fred
300TDt 1987 x2