On Jan 13, 2016 6:45 AM, "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Sorry to hear about your loss. The 1998 S420 is still going strong at
281k - maybe I can talk oldest son to make you a deal on it?

That is actually half tempting - that car remains the best I've ever owned.

> I will warn you that this takes a significant investment in time and
effort, so if you put a value on your time it might not be worth it.

That is kind of the conclusion I've come to today. Looks like I can retain
the car for $3052 and maybe I lack vision, but I just don't see 4,000
"easy" dollars in it. I'm not very interested in eBaying a bunch of small
parts at $20 a throw.

Unless Kaleb wants it for $3052 plus a six pack...

Tom