The 5.7 was basically your average Chebby 350 that was dieselized and not very well

--R

On 1/17/16 6:37 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
Curly wrote:

My friend with the grain elevator used to buy shovey PUs
back then with the oldsmodiesel in them.  I told him he was
nuts, but he put filter/separators on and had good service
life.  Much better than contemporary gassers from detriot.
I don't think the pickups ever had a factory installed  5.7 L
diesel.  The 6.2 is _not_ the same engine as the 5.7 diesel
or any of the small-block gasoline of similar displacement.