kayoooh @ gmail wrote:

Talk about the noise level inside that cabin let alone outside it!
I guess I got spoiled by the more refined MB ML 400CDI! In the Mercedes, one
barely notices the noise, but I guess I'll have to get used to it, until I
can bring the ML into the country, that is.

Now for the reason I am posting, I am about to change the engine oil and was
about to pick a few jugs of Mobil 1 when I remembered how some of us are
looking hard for M1 10-50 or was it M1 15-50, why is that so, why is M1
xx-30 not wanted, is it unsuitable? And if it is unsuitable, why is it so?

Mobil 1 xW-30 does NOT meet Mercedes specs!! Use Mobil 1 0W-40, 5W-40 T&SUV or 15W50.

And what about AT fluid, do you think I should stick with Dexron or give the
synthetic stuff a try!?

I like Mobil 1 ATF. Smoother than ordinary Dexron, but the ordinary stuff meets Mercedes specs.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi