see, this is the problem with the new system - everything was clear in the
old...now the same letters mean something else.

  M - something new - the SUV
  G - leftover from the old system: Galendewagen (cross country vehicle)
  R - also a leftover - Rennwagen (race car)
  SL - old system - sport leicht - light sport - or what we would call a sports
car
  SLK - sport leicht (mit) Kompressor - with supercharger
  CLK - coupe leicht (mit) Kompressor

  THAT ALL MAKES SENSE, Until A class, c class, e class, m class - I HATE it

  SD - yes, it was what they call "S-CLASS" (tip of the evil system  iceberg) -
butit meands "sport deisel" sport in German is not sport in  US - more like
touring. as compared to 240D which is for putzing and  taxi service (nor harm,
meant, I have one and love it).

  Chris

Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  >
> I need new sources then, I've always thought the classes went like this:
>
> "A"lmost Rich
> "C"omfortably Rich
> "E"xtremely Rich
> "S"tinking Rich

But where do "M", "G", and now "R" fit into that?  Not to mention "SL",
"SLK", and "CLK"?  I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the explanation...
;)

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"