comes up SHORT - LOL - correction well taken - did not know that.

  Yes, my Walther PPK/S shoots 9mmKurz (aka .380 ACP vs 9mm  luger/parabellum)
- which is interesting becuase there is apparently a  wide spread misconception
that the K in PPK is Kurz, which makes sense  as it is smaller than the PP
(Polizei Pistole), but it is actually  Kriminal, meaning, in some way,
undercover. Frankly, I think K meaning  Kurz in the PPK context makes more
sense and I often wonder if it is  not REALLY Kurz.

  Chris

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  BZZZZZT!  Wrong!  Close, but comes up
SHORT!

  SLK - sport leicht Kurz - with supercharger  Kurz = short  It carries an
additional Kompressor tag on the 230 mit kompressor    THe SLK 320 has NO
komprtessor
The same designation and distinction was used prewar as in the SS and the
SSK  SS and SS short

You will also find the K for Kurz designation used for rifles and rifle
shells make in Germany

 Yahoo! Mail