Absolutely.  I saw one immediately after a blowout on my return trip.
Fortunately, the brake lights ahead of me helped identify where the remnants of
the tier were in the roadway.

I don’t draft off of trucks, and haven’t for some years. I used to have a
customer years ago who ran a small regional cartage company, and he talked
about how much they hated people that did this, as wella s how really dangerous
it was for a lot of reasons.  I deferred to his experience and didn’t do it
again.

Dan