I think you'd get away with calling it an E-class if it's a 300D (preferably
turbo) loaded with options - electric sliding roof, power windows and locks,
ACC, and preferably leather.  My 123 had all those things (-leather) and I
called it the 1984 E-class.

If it's a 240D with manual everything, it's the baby Benz of its day.