Brian Chase wrote:

> That sounds interesting - your priming technique. Do you mind if I ask for
> some reiteration? After you remove the fuel return line, you are saying that
> you place an air hose in the fuel filler neck (as in where you stick the
> diesel nozzle at the gas station), and wrap a rag around it to seal, then
> hit the air? Not meaning to sound simplistic, just a surprising sounding
> technique to this novice.

That's what it sounded like to me. I assume he was saying to cap off
the return line from the tank with something strong, or you will blow
fuel out the supply line from the tank to the IP, and out the open
return line to the great outdoors. (assuming you have at least 1/4
tank of fuel and the return line is below fuel level)

> I've wondered about that fuel primer thing on the driver side of engine. I
> know what it is for, and have read the blurb on it in the owners manual, but
> every time I've tried to use it, it spooges fuel with each pump - as in, all
> over my fingers and down the primer pump there. This gave me the impression
> that I was doing it wrong, or that it was broken.

It's broken, they all do that eventually. It's the original style that you
unscrew a white cap and then pull it up, right? Get the new black one, they
last longer.