I'm pretty sure the pump has prime.  Each time I've tried to start it, I pull
the fuel lines and run them from a bottle of fresh diesel (just like running a
purge).  I pump the primer pump until strong shots of diesel shoot out of the
return line.  I had the injectors out this weekend and reinstalled them last
night.  I reinstalled everything, and left the injector lines loose at the
injectors until I could see fuel oozing.  Maybe I didn't get enough fuel into
the lines?

~
~The problem could be the injection pump lost it's prime. Here is a great
~trick to gain prime if you don't like the hand pump...
~
~Remove the return fuel line. Place air hose in fill neck for fuel, seal with
~rag and watch fuel come out of return line. When fuel flows good, system is
~primed. Works great on diesels with out hand pumps! I got a diesel Topaz
~once because it would not run after owner ran out of fuel, rag and air hose
~fixed it.
~
~After system has good prime, try tow starting. If will not start check
~compression and injectors and injection pump.
~
~Trampas
~

--