  Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:53:02 -0500
From: John Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Uh oh, no reverse
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Saturday, February 11, 2006, at 02:07 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:

> '85 190D 2.2l 5spd manual shift
>
>   I can't get it into reverse, I push to the right and down on the
> shifter and can't go back to reverse. I can go forward into 5th but
> not back. SOMETIMES it'll consent and with a little clang go back. I
> presume that whatever gets adjusted when I push down isn't getting
> adjusted any more but I don't know enough about it. When its not
> working it feels like reverse just isn't there, like you're trying to
> shift into nothing.
>
> I called my Indy yesterday but he wasn't in. I'm hoping this is
> something simple... So far I've been parking on hills but I'm going
> get caught I know it.
>
>   -Curt

 Does the shifter move freely? I had a customer put 90W gear oil in the
trans and when winter came he had to warm the car up for 30-45 min so
he could move the shifter. He said reverse was near impossible.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.