Wilton,
In looking again at my connection, my under sink drain does have some
contraption plumbed in after the trap which could be an anti siphon vent. My DW
drain comes into the drain just after the two sink bowls and just before the
trap. The plumber used a downward pointing "Y" connector which helps prevent
any sink material from getting into the DW line and also provides somewhat of a
more forceful water flow from the DW into the sink drain and trap, possibly
helping to keep the trap cleaner (never had a kitchen sick clog). It looks
funny to me (I'm not a plumber and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night),
but again, it sure seems to work fine.
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.